Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Ad blocking on gmail hasn't been working for some days

The last days (maybe a week?) blocking ads on my gmail (those annoying in top of your mail-lists) hasn't been working.

I have attached screenshot of an ad-row from DOM Inspector.

/Stig

Comments

• edited August 2022

btw, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing extension (and "force" re-loading gmail afterwards), but that did not change anything.

I'm using Firefox 104.

• Ok thanks, can you also send me a screenshot of the placement of the actual ad in your Gmail.

• edited August 2022

Hi Jason

Sure. I don't remember seeing them on first tab. Typically they sitting in top of my "Promotions" and "Social" tabs:

/Stig

• Hmm those ads aren't appearing in my Gmail version, they might be rolling out a different version, i'll snooze this until I see them locally.

• ?Ok, thanks.

Btw, I have also tried both new and old gmail layout (though, I'm not sure it changes anything to that part of page).

• I confirm all information from Stig Nygaard. It's same here.

If I can help, fell free to ping me.

• edited September 2022

I have noticed that ad blocking still works in my Firefox at work (but not on my Firefox at home). So it doesn't seem to be account-dependent. Question is of course if I have different browser-configurations at home and at work, or if Google are rolling out different versions dependent on client used instead of dependency on the gmail-account? (or if google for some reason doesn't send me ads when using firefox at work).

It has been working both at home and at work for a long period. Doesn't remember having changed anything in my setup at home, but? ...

• I think this has been fixed? I don't think I have seen them for a while, though I'm not sure for how long and experience was never fully consistent on all my PCs (2x private + work pc). Plus I recently changed "general ad-blocker" in Firefox on some of the PCs I use.

But the one I'm writing from now, is still same old setup as when I posted this issue.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!