Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Checker Plus for Google Chat?

Good morning. Any thought about porting one of the Checker Plus's to work with Chat? The native Chat notifications are less than adequate...

Comments

• The chat works well for myself so I can't se me spending more resources on it because my current suite of extensions keeps me really busy.

• Hey there. It's a real need now, with the old Hangouts chat being sunset. We're on the new chat at WebMD and the notifications disappear so fast.. we're missing a lot of messages.

Just throwing that out there.

• I don't want popup notifications. It's already working fine.

But it would be great if we had the number of unread and/or new messages badge.

• I'm completely on board with getting notifications for Google Voice, and a Hangouts replacement. It's pure garbage. The extension Google pumped out for GV is embarrassing for a company with their resources. It's a bad joke. And all the software that was used previously to provide notifications, and a desktop app are defunct, and the Google "extension" doesn't show counts of anything...

That said, I can understand why Jason wouldn't want to take this on... I'm sure it's a niche audience.

• edited November 16

This makes for a "hangout" style of window:

javascript:window.open('https://voice.google.com/u/0/messages','window','toolbar=no, menubar=no, resizable=yes, width=400, height=700')

To make calls, you do this:

javascript:window.open('https://voice.google.com/u/0/calls','window','toolbar=no, menubar=no, resizable=yes, width=350, height=700')

Clunky, but that's half of it. Force Google Voice's adaptive design to do the work for you. Miles better than the stupid extension Google provided, and they own the product.

Now just get popup notifications going, and Bob's your uncle.

• Well, I went ahead and quickly created the most ghetto cheese replacement for hangouts. It works well enough for me, and that's all I care about. Wonky, but honestly, I don't think you can access an API for Voice to make an official version...

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!