Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Ctrl + click behavior for "Open in new tab" changed

Hello,

Recently (past couple days), the behavior for the "Open in new tab" button has changed. Previously, I would hold ctrl and press this button to open the email in a new tab in the background so I can quickly go through my emails. This feature was incredibly useful to me. Now, when I ctrl + click the button, it switches my active tab to the email, also sometimes using the same new tab I had previously created. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Can you send me a screenshot of this button before you click it just for some context.

• Can you try reinstalling the extension, because I just tested it and it did open a new window, this might been fixed in the very latest version, let me know.

• Perhaps I did not explain the issue well enough. It does open a new tab with Gmail but only if there is not a Gmail tab already open. If there is a gmail tab already open, it opens the email in that tab, overwriting the email already in that tab. This is not useful for me because I like opening a lot of emails all at once in all separate tabs. I would usually not be complaining if this was the expected behavior but it definitely worked previously, opening emails in several new tabs. I just reinstalled the extension btw, no change in behavior.

• ok, I understand where we were confused, your indicating the open beside the email and not the general open Gmail at top of the window.

I will queue this for development, thanks for the details.

• Thanks, sorry for the confusion. Are you aware of anything that changed recently in a new version, perhaps? Could also be something in Chrome that changed, I guess.

• It's probably me with a recent update, I'm constantly adding features and maintaining code that occasionally bugs like this occur, it's the nature of the development cycle.

• Good news this has been integrated into v22.1 you should already have the automatic update or very soon.

• Yeah, it works now. Thanks so much for fixing it!

• Can you make it open in new tab with mouse's middle button? (like it is with ctrl+click)

• edited June 7

@Martin Tsekov Ok thanks, it seems this mouse middle click is always causing me trouble, I'll push another update with a fix for this.

• @Martin Tsekov Good news v22.7.1 was fixed to support middle click again. You can force the update with this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Extension_Updates

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!