Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

This 'Access was Revoked' error keeps happening, even after reinstalling, etc.

This 'Access was revoked' error keeps happening, even after fresh re-installs and manual adding of accounts. It's not a huge problem, as it resolves most times when I refresh, but I'm just wondering why it does it. I'm on the latest updated Chrome. See attached screenshot. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Comments

• Are the errors always associated with the same accounts?

Does it happen only when you start Chrome?

• I'm not sure whether it's always the same accounts. I'll keep an eye out next time!

And no, sometimes it happens when Chrome has been on sometime. That is, CP can work fine upon first instance of me checking emails, but can glitch on the second or third instance, with Chrome open all this time (ie an hour or more).

• Ok let me know if you see a pattern, does your machine go into standby after an hour or does network connection drop etc. and it is always resolved by just clicking refresh.

• I have no standby on my machine, it's always 'on'. Switched off every night, switched on every morning. Network connection is always around 70 - 72 Mbps, it never drops below 65+. And yes, so far I think it has always resolved by clicking refresh. I'll let you know about whether it's the same accounts when I find out.

• ok thanks, and if it happens again, send me the error logs https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

• hi -- okay, it happened again, and it was different accounts this time. Looks like it affects the accounts randomly.

Here are the logs -- hope I got the instructions right -- I also saved them as screenshots, just in case.

Log One in text:

common.js:4761 storage.init()

www.googleapis.com/gmail/v1/users/me/labels?_=1554136875350:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()

common.js:2687 error getting data: Error: You need to re-grant access, it was probably revoked

initError @ common.js:2687

common.js:2918 in error Error: You need to re-grant access, it was probably revoked

at initError (common.js:2665)

at Object.<anonymous> (common.js:2770)

at fire (jquery.js:3305)

at Object.fireWith [as rejectWith] (jquery.js:3435)

at done (jquery.js:9244)

at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery.js:9484) Object

mailAccount.js:1193 setAccountError: Error: You need to re-grant access, it was probably revoked code: 401

setAccountError @ mailAccount.js:1193

Log Two in text:

common.js:4761 storage.init()

popup.js:43 zoomfactor: 11.706298828125ms

extensionCommon.js:28 vulcanized-polymer.js: 299.2490234375ms

popup.js:447 getBGObjects: 405.026123046875ms

popup.js:3958 renderMails: 0.004150390625ms

popup.js:3958 renderMails: 0.009033203125ms

popup.js:3958 renderMails: 0.0068359375ms

popup.js:3958 renderMails: 0.004150390625ms

extensionCommon.js:28 vulcanized-polymer2.js: 150.573974609375ms

popup.js:3958 renderMails: 0.007080078125ms

popup.js:5299 init: 856.511962890625ms

Screenshots of the two logs attached.

• ok great details, and you seem correct that is happens every hour or so, that's good news for me, since we can digging. Could you keep the background console open to the Network tab and the next time you get the error, can right click over the failed request (it should be in red) and select copy > copy all as HAR and then send that over to me. ie...

• Can I also you have enable more logs with the extension Options > Admin > Log messages...

and send me the console logs as well the network ones, thanks in advance. Don't worry analyzing them is even more work for me :)

• hi, I got the console logs & pasted them into a Notepad doc, is that correct?

Regarding the Admin logs, I ticked the 'Log messages in Javascript Console' box (is that correct?), but don't know how to proceed from there. It doesn't give me an option as to how to save them, and send them, to you. Advice?

• Hi Jason

I started receiving the same error today for both accounts that I use, at the same time. I tried refreshed and re-adding the accounts. But that did not work.

I noticed Chrome had an available update. I updated Chrome and the error disappeared for about an 3 hours, and now its back again.

Chris

• ok thanks, so I didn't see any error codes in those logs, did you see any lines in red in the network tab before you produced the har file?

For the console logs, yeah you sort of just have to copy/paste there here.

I have other questions do you have any:

malware or antivirus software or extensions? can you list them?

Have you ever played with chrome://flags

• There were no lines in full red in the Network tab of the console, just a wee red spot/envelope

. Here is what I saw, and I took the (right-click-copy all HAR) logs from the line indicated with the arrow (attached).

I still don't know how to get the Admin logs for you, so need advice there.

I have Kaspersky Total Security. No others.

For extensions I have Last Pass, AdBlock Plus, Disconnect, Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Sound on Click, and Checker Plus for Gmail.

I have played with chrome://flags in the distant past, but this version of Chrome is a brand-new installation. I haven't touched the flags.

• Can you temporarily disable Ad Block and Disconnect extensions specifically as it's been known to cause issues in the past.

For the console logs use the console tab and just copy paste these statements (after you encounter the error)

• Okay, but I was referring to the Options > Admin > Logs. You wanted me to get you those logs as well. But other than ticking the  'Log messages in Javascript Console' box, I don't know how to save them.

So we are speaking of TWO sets of logs -- 1) Console logs, which I'll attempt to get by copy-paste; and 2) the Admin logs, which I don't know how to get.

• So once you enable the logs in the admin section, it essentially adds more logs shown in the same background > Console tab (see my screenshot above)

• @ChrisDunne Can you list other extensions you have installed?

• I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and it seems to have resolved the issue for now.

• Jason -- the error just happened again and I managed to get a screenshot of the console log. Here it is. Is this adequate?

• Also, I suspect that some emails are not turning up in the Inbox (possibly) because of this error. I have Instant Messages from a virtual world set to 'Send IMs to email' while I am offline, and these messages are occasionally not coming through to my email inbox, since this problem started.

• edited about two months ago

Ok great details, can you go into the background > Network tab and look for a red line send me the har for it. (and yes if you have errors it will interfere with the detection of emails as well)

• Argh, the HAR text

for that error is 3.8 MB and won't upload to your site. I chose 'Copy all to HAR', that's correct, right?

• Ok you can find my email in https://jasonsavard.com/contact and send it that way.

• Okay, I've sent the file through your email.

• edited about two months ago

There is still an issue and I'm working on it.

• Ok v21.5.7 should has my 2nd attempt to fix this issue, reinstall the extension to force the update.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!