Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Hotkey improvement

Personally I love to use the page forward/page backward buttons on my mouse a lot, but the gmail checker extension doesn't allow me to use page backward to go back to the inbox layout. To me this would be a nice improvement.

Comments

• great suggestion i just researched and it should be possible with this api...

Syntax

var buttonPressed = instanceOfMouseEvent.button

Return value

A number representing a given button:

• 0: Main button pressed, usually the left button or the un-initialized state
    • 1: Auxiliary button pressed, usually the wheel button or the middle button (if present)
    • 2: Secondary button pressed, usually the right button
    • 3: Fourth button, typically the Browser Back button
    • 4: Fifth button, typically the Browser Forward button
  • Fixed in the latest version thanks again for the feedback.
  • Hi Jason,
    first of all, thanks for the great work!

For me the back_mouse does not work if I open a mail and go back to all mails.

• @JuLer which extension version are you using?
    and Quinatu is it working for you?
  • @Jason
    I'm currently running version 21.1.2.7 and I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be working for me.
    I am currently using a Logitech G302.
  • ok thanks, does your mouse have the 4th back button? or just a middle button?
    does the back button work with other webpages?
  • My mouse is the standard model that I'm posting here.
    Behind the scrollwheel is a button which manages mouse sensitivity and the back and forward pages work on all webpages (as long as nothing else grabs the focus).

• Can you use your back button on the right side of this page and tell me what number is displayed https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_event_mouse_button
  • I'm afraid no alert shows up for any button other than the left/right and scrollwheel button. I suppose that the browser (Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139) doesn't try to send their input to to any normal webpage.

I'm sure you've already found it but https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25485234/detect-if-mouses-back-forward-button-was-pressed might be of some assistance if not
  • edited May 2018
    for me its the same, I have a Logitech MX Master and the buttons on the left side for back and forward is working normally but not in the w3schools test.
    My Version of Checker Plus for Gmail is 24.0.4.2.
  • @JuLer Ok, i'm going to have to develop another method to detect the back event using this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WindowEventHandlers/onpopstate
    i'll add it to the queue.
  • @JuLer ;Good news, i've pushed another fix for this in the latest v21.2
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!