Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

I'm getting an error message in Google Chrome

When I go to options and check the box next to Desktop notifications for modified files, I get the following error message:
"Error: Bad Request"  Why am I getting this message?

Comments

• 2 things: I noticed you sent me this message from a browser entitled "Firefox/24.7 PaleMoon/24.7.2" ?
    1) Let's make sure this is not the browser from which you are experiencing the issue, and that you are using the chrome stable version 37.
    2) Try revoking permissions and then sign out and back into your Gmail account than try granting access again.
  • Thanks Jason for your comments.  

1) Yes I only used Pale moon to upload the screenshot of the error.  I am ONLY using Google version 37.0.2062.124 to test Checker Plus.
    2) I tried revoking permissions and then sign out and back into my Gmail account and again granted access and I still got the error message.
    3) i also loaded Checker Plus for Google Drive on another computer that is running Windows 8.1 and the exact same error occurred.  I also gave another person share rights, and when I used that person's gmail account to access my Google Doc, on my Google Drive, made some changes to that Google Doc, and clicked on Share, I was expecting a notice on my computer (separate computer from the one I made changes to the Google Doc on) and NO notice was sent.  I can see the Checker Plus folder in the top right hand corner of Google Chrome, but it does not light up or show any number to signify that a change was made in the Google Doc by another person.  Any more ideas?
  • Ok let's focus on the Bad request error first. The notification for changes does occur instantly, it takes between 0 and 30 minutes for the notification to appear (because it polls every 30minutes)
    So when exactly does the "Bad request" happen? when you install the extension? when you grant access? or at another time?

can you also do this after you get the error:
    1. Click the Chrome menu image > Tools > Extensions
    2. Select Developer mode at the top right
    3. Find the extension and click the background link
    4. Select the Console tab and copy all the messages and send it to me
  • Although I trust you, I do not trust exe's, if you could send me the video in a video format or perhaps just answer the questions above that would help.
  • Jason,

I followed your instructions selecting >Tool>Extensions>Developer mode>click background page> and then selected the Console Tab.  Their was nothing written in that tab.  The content area was blank.  I will have to send you a video in another format of the error, and I understand the exe problem.   Thanks! 
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!