Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

When I'm logged in my gmail account using chrome (I mean when I have gmail opened in chrome tab) checker is logged in, but when I log off my account and go to another web page checker also logs off. So it's useless for me. Is there any solution? 

Comments

• For security reasons my extension is behaving exactly that way as intended.
    If I were to stay logged in when you signed out I would be gettings lot of complaints :)
    You might want to look into my other app that can keep you signed in by granting access https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/multiple-account-checker/dnimhgelcnggigekhdjlifjpndgmnglm
  • Ok so let me see if I understand this. 

So I start chrome with your extension, I log in to my gmail account and I see that I have no new emails, I take a look at your extension in the upper right corner and it is displaying 0 new emails. 

Are you telling me that as soon as I close my chrome tab which was displaying my gmail account that your extension stop working? Are you telling me that in order for your extension to work I have to have an open chrome tab which is logged in my gmail account and displaying my emails? 
  • No, my extension auto-detects your signed in accounts (all the info is here about remember your signed in state etc. http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Checker_Plus_for_Gmail#Auto-detecting_signed_in_accounts)

You mentioned "log off" last time and yes that will stop my extension from detecting your signed in state, but simply "closing a tab" will not affect my extension, restarting the browser, however, will depend on your cookie and remember me state.

Essentially the logic is very simply for my extension - but maybe difficult for users's to comprehend ... if my extension detects your Gmail cookies - then you are signed in, or else you are not. So if you deleted them anyway or they expire - i will not detect your account.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!