Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Replying from default account and not from recipient account

Hi Jason,

first off - thank you SO EVER LIVING MUCH for this extension.

Along with my password manager and adblocker, this is the most important functionality in my chrome experience.

However!

In my Gmail account I have hooked up several accounts which all share the same inbox, but I always reply from the account to which the email was sent. That's not the case when replying through Checker Plus.

E.g.

Let's say I have a gmail account called GoogleMail@gmail.com.

I then have several domains with emails accounts. Gmail -> Settings -> Accounts and Imports -> Send email as.

Let's call one of them admin@website.com

In Gmail whenever I receive an email at admin@website.com in Gmail, and when I reply to the email it's also from admin@website.com, even though it's handled through gmail.com with the login GoogleMail@gmail.com.

But when reply through the extention to an email sent to another account, the reply is always sent from GoogleMail@gmail.com.

And as you can imagine, that causes a lot of confusion in the conversations, that some rando account is suddenly replying 😂.

Is this a setting I have missed or a missing feature?

Thank you gain.

Comments

• Have you tried the manual add method: https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Account_sign_in_methods

it operates differently.

• Hi Jason, thank you for your quick reply.

I just checked it out, but I'm not sure it's a solution. The other emailadresses are not accounts, they are more or less aliases handled by Gmail.

I'm not seeing a straight forward way to make Checker Plus see these aliases - since there's only one common login for all of them.

• I would be curious if you could test it though with the manual add, and should it fail I will investigate it to see if there's a solution available to me to detect these aliases.

• Tested it. Same behaviour. It replies from the gmail account, not from the recipient account.

Any other suggestions?

• Ok I will queue this for investigation on my side, thanks for verifying it.

• Cheers. Thank you very much.

Have a great day.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!