Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

No notifications

After re-installing the extension (without loading my previous settings), on which occasion I lost all the notifications, I am facing a new problem.

If I introduce a new event, it no longer generates a notification as before, unless the time interval until the event is greater than the notification interval.

In the above example, if the event is generated at least 4 weeks before, a notification will be generated at the appropriate time.

If the event is generated with less than 4 weeks before, no notification is generated.

Not to mention the generation of an event in the past, when notifications are no longer generated in any situation.

Although

I mention that all these shortcomings did not exist before the reinstallation, and the notifications appeared exactly as planned.

Comments

• Do those events only have a four week reminder or do they have other shorter reminder times?

• In all situations, if there are no other shorter reminder times, shorter than the interval from the creation of the event to the due date, the notification is not activated.

In other words, the notification is not triggered either for the past or pending, but only for the future.

Which does not happen before the reinstallation.

• Did you change any of these options..

• Never, because they are not useful to me in any way.

I need every notification, and I have no interest in removing any.

I'm aware that if I lose one, I can't bring her back.

Perhaps. it would be useful to have access to the file where all these notifications are stored and to be able to recover them one by one depending on the needs of each.

• GHFGHF
    edited April 7

I discovered, empirically, a very strange detail:

1. if I generate an event due in the next 15', the notification appears only if it is set to notify you in advance by no more than 1270'. If the anticipation is greater than 1270', the notification no longer appears.

2. if I generate an event due in the next 30', the notification appears only if it is set to notify you in advance by no more than 1300'. If the anticipation is greater than 1300', the notification no longer appears.

3. if I generate an event due in the next 60', the notification appears only if it is set to notify you in advance by no more than 1330'. If the anticipation is greater than 1330', the notification no longer appears.

4. if I generate an event due in the next 120', the notification appears only if it is set to notify you in advance with at most 1390'. If the anticipation is greater than 1390', the notification no longer appears.

5. if I generate an event due in the next 180', the notification appears only if it is set to notify you in advance with at most 1450'. If the anticipation is greater than 1450', the notification no longer appears.

6. if I generate an event due in the next 240', the notification appears only if it is set to notify you in advance with at most 1510'. If the anticipation is greater than 1510', the notification no longer appears.

For reasons that are easy to understand, I did not continue the experiment, but it can be assumed that the algorithm is preserved even for longer periods.

It is clear that there is, somewhere, an unjustified and absurd limitation, which appeared a few days ago for that, I can certify, that before I reinstalled the application, it did not exist.

• GHFGHF
    edited April 7

For events created now and due in the past, the behaviour is different and lies between 2 extremes:

1. the notification appears only if they are not older than 1440' and it is set to notify you in advance by no more than 1.'

2. for events no older than 15' the notification appears only it is set to notify you in advance by no more than 1435.'

It is difficult to appreciate which algorithm is applied between these 2 extremes.

• For all day events created now and due today or in the past, the notification does not appear.

For all day events created now and due tomorrow, the notification appears only it is set to notify you in advance by no more than 2 days.

For all day events created now and due to the day after, the notification appears only it is set to notify you in advance by no more than 3 days.

For all day events created now and due over 3 days, the notification appears only it is set to notify you in advance by no more than 4 days.

For reasons that are easy to understand, I did not continue the experiment, but it can be assumed that the algorithm is preserved even for longer periods.

It is clear that there is, somewhere, an unjustified and absurd limitation, which appeared a few days ago for that, I can certify, that before I reinstalled the application, it did not exist.

• Woaw that's a lot of info, are you able to create a simple test case with a timed event that I can recreate the issue with. ie. event due in 5min with a 2min before reminder time.

• Event due in 5 min with a 2 min before reminder time, works.

Event due in 5 min with a 3300 min before reminder time, works.

Event due in 5 min with a 3400 min before reminder time, is not working.

• So I just did a test an added an event 5minutes from now with 4000 min before reminder time and it appeared quickly, using Chrome.

• GHFGHF
    edited April 8

An event 5 minutes from now with 4000 min before reminder time does not work in Firefox, beginning with April 6, after reinstalling the extension.

• edited April 8

Did the same test with Firefox and it worked also, I created an event with my calendar extension for 5 minutes into the future with a reminder of 4000min and it appeared in less than 1 minute in the reminder window.

• Indeed, with 4000' it works.

But with a reminder of 3 days, it is not.

• Not sure what's going on because these tests are working for me, I just tested an event 15minutes from now with a 3 day before reminder time and in it popped up almost instantly with Chrome.

• 15 minutes from now, with a 3 day before reminder time, works.

But, 15 minutes from now, with a 4 day before reminder time, does not.

• I see a coincidence between the moment when this problem appeared (April 6) and the moment when Version 36.0.2.1 was launched (April 6) on Firefox.

• It seems every time I test it, it works and then you decide to increase the "days before" in this thread, this is getting a bit strange.

• GHFGHF
    edited April 10

I agree.

But if it's strange, it doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist, but only that, apparently, we can't solve it.

It all started with v36.0.2.1. Before, it was working perfectly.

• Let's do the ultimate test.

5 minutes from now, with 4 weeks before reminder time.

If your Firefox also passes this test, it means that the problem has been solved.

• Found the answer! Reminders times before the installation date of the extension are ignored, this is why the reminder time increases by 1 day each +1 day you have the extension installed :)

• You are a genius.

I would not have thought and would not have made such correlations.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!