Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Error: Invalid value for bounds. Bounds must be at least 50% within visible screen space.

Hi there,

Has anyone seen this error before or know how to fix it?

Browser: Brave: 1.64.113

Check Plus version: 36.0.1

Your help is most appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Comments

• Can you tell me what your screen resolution is?

And send me these logs

• Right click anywhere in the popup > Inspect > Console tab > Send me the logs
  • I can't send you the log from the notification containing the error because I have already closed it, however attached is the log from the same notification without the error (the problem is intermittent). If you need the log from the notification with error, I will copy it when next encounter the error.

I noticed up the top righthand side of the console that there was '1 issue' so I click it and have also included that. I have no idea what it means or if it will help.

My screen resolution is 3840x1200.

Thank you for your help, Jason. I love your extension!

• edited April 3

So some possible ways to recreate the issue is by either resizing the window, which happens several ways:

-unplugging/plugging an external display

-using the "..." when choosing more snooze times

-or simply resizing the window manually from the edges

let me know if you find a way to reproduce it and then send me the logs.

or perhaps you remember which one of these methods might have initially triggered the issue.

• I haven't worked out how to reproduce the error as of yet, however, I have managed to capture the log from a notification with the error. The top part of the console log is capture in the screenshot. The bottom section was to big for a screenshot so I have pasted it below for your perusal.

I have tried resizing the notification window and this doesn't changing anything from what I can see.

vulcanized-polymer-reminders.js: 69.841064453125 ms

common.js:1708 initMisc Thu Apr 04 2024 04:15:02 GMT+1030 (Australian Central Daylight Time)

common.js:721 unhandledrejection Error: Invalid value for bounds. Bounds must be at least 50% within visible screen space.

(anonymous) @ common.js:721

extensionCommon.js:247 Error: Invalid value for bounds. Bounds must be at least 50% within visible screen space.

showError @ extensionCommon.js:247

common.js:687 TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'hide')

at showToast (extensionCommon.js:255:12)

at async showError (extensionCommon.js:248:2)

(anonymous) @ common.js:687

reminders.js:291 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Invalid value for bounds. Bounds must be at least 50% within visible screen space.

common.js:721 unhandledrejection Error: Invalid value for bounds. Bounds must be at least 50% within visible screen space.

extensionCommon.js:247 Error: Invalid value for bounds. Bounds must be at least 50% within visible screen space.

reminders.js:291 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Invalid value for bounds. Bounds must be at least 50% within visible screen space.

background.js:3684 bg onMessage: forgottenReminder.start

common.js:1708 initMisc Thu Apr 04 2024 16:44:48 GMT+1030 (Australian Central Daylight Time)

common.js:1726 initWindowBGVars

common.js:1748 mergeevents: 13.48388671875 ms

common.js:1749 feeds: 227.0390625 ms

3background.js:3684 bg onMessage: forgottenReminder.start

• Ok thanks for the details, I've pushed a fix for it regardless in v36.0.2

You can force the update with this: https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Extension_Updates

• Brilliant! Thank you Jason.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!