Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Cannot log in with Arc browser for windows

Gmail checker plus will log in but when I try to login for Google calendar I just get a spinning dialog.

I am using the newest Arc for windows Beta (so I realize not fully baked yet)

on a related not, the gmail checker icon will not update when I have new mail (stays grey regardless of inbox)

Comments

• icon always stays grey no matter what

• Can you send me the error logs https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

and what happens when you click on that extension icon

• that does not seem to work in Arc, I can inspect the main page but the popups do not open inspect (seems to be a bug, which I will file with Arc)

• I got it to show something by going to extension settings and trying to login but not a lot of info there

• just for contrast, here is checker plus for gmail

• I'll definitely need to see the error logs, otherwise some of my guesses is other extension interfering, you can try disabling all the others and try again.

• if I try to login with Chrome I get

common.js:3124 getAuthToken error: OAuth2 not granted or revoked. 

If I choose login with google I eventually get

common.js:3198

Error: no token response found for email: undefined

at OAuthForDevices.send (common.js:3196:27)

at async watch (background.js:227:35)

1. at async watchCalendarSettings (background.js:275:24) {type: 'post', url: '/users/me/settings/watch', data: {…}, version: 'gcm', userEmail: undefined}

background.js:246

watch retry attempt #2

common.js:721

unhandledrejection Error: no token response found for email: undefined

at async watchCalendarSettings (background.js:275:24)

common.js:4447

Error: no token response found for email: undefined

background.js:282

Uncaught (in promise) Error: no token response found for email: undefined

• and I fully get that I am using a beta version of a brand new browser :-)

what threw me was that the gmail checker does log in but gCal does not

• oh, I also tried disabling all other extensions and it made no difference

• and this is NOT a fire by any means, I am testing out Arc to eventually swap over but until they land a stable v1.0 I would not expect extensions to all work

just figured it might be worth getting ahead of things

• Just curious try using the manual add method in the Gmail checker https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Account_sign_in_methods and see if you get the same error result.

• I don't have that option

• I was referring to the Gmail checker:

• got it, same behavior when I try the manual login

• Are you able to sign with other extensions with that browser.

• yes but most others don't tie directly to my google account (they use Chrome backup but not a tie into the account)

• edited March 4

Well I tried ;) I'm not seeing any definitive errors in the logs you sent, if you do figure something out or once it goes to a more stable version, then let me know.

• No worries, I see a few other odd behaviors with plugins (just not as totally breaking as this one) so I suspect Arc has some work to do yet

Thank you

• Can confirm one month later - same issues :)

• @Arogunz Seeing as this browser seems to be in a beta phase, can you contact their support first and maybe open a ticket, because the extension does work with several other stable browsers. Chrome, Firefox, Edge and other Chromium browsers.

• @Jason agree completely, this is an Arc issue, not an issue with your extension (I only raised it initially to see if there was a quick fix)

Arc has issues with some other extensions as well so I suspect it is a porting from Mac issue in the browser

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!