Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Duplicate popups

I just installed Checker Plus for my Google Calendar and I get dozens of popups/tabs on my Chrome Browser. (see attached image)

I have had to disable it.

HALP!

Brian

Comments

• Can you try reinstallng the extension and use the default options.

• OK, I just did that. I will let you know.

• I uninstalled, rebooted and then reinstalled on Chrome.

The result was exactly the same, multiple, multiple tabs opened up. (see image)

This is impossible for me to use!

• edited January 24

Can you disable all those other extensions they might be interefering.

• I have about 16 extensions. Which ones do you suggest I disable?

• I could guess a couple that would interfere, but I would recommend them all first to see if it resolves the issue. But you could start with these...

Auto Tab Discard

Open Link in Same tab

Hide morning in calendar (because it's calendar related)

• OK, now I disabled all 3 of the above, and it seems to be behaving. I will slowly add them back one at at time to see who the disrupter is. Thanx.

• 1. Auto Tab Discard enabled.

No issues after 24 hours...

• The culprit seems to be "Open Link in Same Tab" extension. It happens immediately after enabling it. Here is their description and website.

Thank you for your help, Jason!

"Overview

"Forces Chrome to open new tabs instead of pop-up windows and/or links in the same tab by default instead of new or background tab.

Converts popups to tabs"

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/open-link-in-same-tab-pop/jbhbalpncehdfjnfcmmimecdhalmjjem

• Glad you figured it out, you are welcome to reach out to that developer for a fix, although I saw the extension hasn't been updated in 4 years - so might not be supported any longer.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!