Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Star Bug

Hi.

When I star an email, whether in the Checker Plus view mode or the Inbox view mode, it stays starred in the latter but not in the former.

Comments

• Yes correct it's a known limitation, I cannot determine if any emails as been previously starred in the Checker Plus view mode.
  • So there's no possible fix? :/
  • I am developing a new method of adding your accounts in a month or so (instead of auto-detecting) This method will allow you to see which emails are starred or not etc.
  • Oh, okay. Thanks so much! ^_^ By the way, I really love Firefox, so I'm switching to that browser. But I love your products so much; they make my life 10x easier and they're REALLY well-made! I'm wondering... Do you plan on ever developing Firefox versions of, say, Checker Plus for Gmail or whatnot?

Thanks for the quick reply!
  • What? you're leaving us :) I thought I made made my extensions indispensable so that no one could switch away from Chrome. hehe ;)
    Ok refer to this about developing for Firefox http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Other_browsers_and_devices
  • Haha. No, I love Chrome; I just love Firefox more. ;P Lol. And okay, I read the link, and it seems pretty reasonable. I thought you said on your bio that you did this full-time. Did you switch back to part-time? (I'm referencing the part of the link that says you're doing it as a hobby, not work.)
  • I toggle back and forth, work for a week then take a week off :) The hobby part references that I don't want to automate production of my extension to all browsers, that would be tedious and repetitive and might as well go back into the corporate life at that point ;)
  • Ah. That's a pretty good idea. By the way, what are your thoughts on the corporate world? I'm asking this because I'm considering switching to a business concentration at my university. You mentioned you have some experience there (I don't know how much), and I thought perhaps you had some advice to give to a fellow Webling. :)
  • In short the corporate world gave me a cushion of money and some spare time to start my business, since it may take a couple of years before you can be independent.
  • Ah. Cool. That's wonderful. I actually hope to someday perhaps have my own tech startup, so that sounds like great preparation. ^-^ Thanks!!
  • Has this bug been fixed?
  • edited June 2015
    This is fixed if you use the manual adding method, more info http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Account_sign_in_methods#Adding_accounts_manually
  • Hello.

Once I star the e-mail in the default Checker Plus mode, I can no longer 'unstar' it. Nothing happens when I click on the button again.

Is that related to being unable to remember whether the e-mail was starred in the first place? I think it should be possible to do this at least within the confines of a single session.
  • @Nevill
    Yes, this issue is also fixed when using the manual adding method: http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Account_sign_in_methods#Adding_accounts_manually
  • Ah, alright, then. Thanks for the info!
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!