Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

why does the number of messages under the mailbox icon in task bar show more than the actual emails?

The little icon shows '2' but when i click on it I see just 1 email in the preview, a message from google calendar about an appointment. Why the discrepancy? And yes I have tried to refresh it!

Comments

• Try double clicking the refresh button quickly to force a hard refresh

• Still shows number '2' by mail icon when there is only 1 message in the preview...

• Ok try restarting the browser.

• does not work. always shows N+1 messages. If there is 2 messages, it shows 3.

Could it be counting an email that is set not to show in the preview ?

• I will try option 2 perhaps to sign in manually but it says that Checker Plus might read my emails and I am sharing sensitive information for the login. Not sure if it is more or less secure than autodetect accounts.

• To be honest the default permissions of the extension already gave similar access because it was able to perform the same tasks of reading & marking emails as read or archiving etc. And note that this 2nd method has been used for years by users of the extension.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!