Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

FEATURE REQUEST: Calendar callout in quick add

Jason,

Longgggggtime user of your calendar extension. I think we've shared some words back when, but to reiterate the sentiment: Love what you're doing.

Had a thought to be able to call out the calendar when quick adding an event. As it stands, I pull up the extension (using hotkey), make my entry, i.e. "Alice feb 4th 1pm" then tab to calendar, hit enter, and then have to use my mouse to get the correct calendar. If I could use the arrow keys to get to the calendar I want, I probably wouldn't be writing this email, but it made me think:

Is there a way to @ the calendar it should go in (or another symbol)?

An @ with auto fill of the calendars would be ideal ,i.e., if I start to spell "personal" it would suggest it.

I'm not a web coder, don't know what's feasible/implementable, just wanted to add a thought that might be useful for others.

Thanks,

Max

Comments

• Great suggestion, however currently the "@" symbol is reserved for the location of the event. I wouldn't know what other symbol to use and this might not be intuitively discoverable by other users.

• For some reason, the "/" seems right to me.

If anything, is there a way to make the calendar tab operable by the arrow keys once one tab+enters into it?

• Ok I can definitely trying making the arrow keys work in the dropdowns, i'll queue it for development, thanks again for the suggestion.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!