Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Text in the notification bubble is black instead of white in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

In Google Chrome the text of the notification bubble is white by default for Checker+. So it is for any other extensions in both Chrome and Edge. However, the text is black in Edge and there is no way to change it. I tried changing the background of the bubble, but it didn't help.

Would be great if:

1. The text will be white by default in Edge as well, or
  2. There will be an option for changing the color of the text in the notification bubble.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Great question, currently Chrome & Edge automatically contrast the badge text color depending on the badge background color. Note that I have developed a badge background color picker, so you could choose a darker red and you'll see the badge text automatically change to white for better contrast.

• Thanks for such a quick reply, Jason!

You're right, the badge text really adapts and turns white on the darker colors. Works perfectly for me, thanks. 🙏I was trying only the brighter ones 😅

Although, I noticed that there's still a slight difference: the same shade of red (for example) turns the text white in Chrome but remains black in Edge.

• Just curious in Edge if you choose a really dark color like, black for the background does it eventually auto contrast to white text? They might just have different thresholds?

• Yes, it does. Even the following red color (the third from the bottom) turns the text to white.

But for some reason this threshold is higher for every color in Edge: if for Chrome the fourth shade of red from the bottom is enough to auto contrast to white text, then for Edge it is not. Only the following - the third shade from the bottom will auto contrast to white text. 🤷

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!