Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

New bug - image is being cleared or cropped when annotated with the box or circle icon

The following image was created using Explain and Send Screenshots. I snapped a large area of the page, then placed the red box. Notice the image has been cleared in white everywhere except adjacent to the red box. As far as I can tell this started happening today - everything was working great yesterday. I have tried clearing the extension data, restarting browser, etc.

I am using Chromium in Ubuntu 20.04, so possibly I have a browser version mismatch? Chrome Version 107.0.5304.62 (Developer Build) Ubuntu 20.04 (64-bit)

Thank you!

Comments

• This also happens when using the numbered item tool FYI.

• So my first hint is that your build says "developer build", I think it should say "Official Build" as it does at least with my Windows version.

Secondly are you using any OS or Chrome level zooming?

• Thanks -- never had this issue before but something may have been updated in the browser versions. Chromium is the open source version without the proprietary Chrome stuff afaik. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(web_browser)

On the same PC, Ubuntu 20.04, the official Chrome build works OK. I am not using any OS or Chrome level zooming. Maybe I should try to uninstall/reinstall the extension?

Thanks!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!