Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Add Voice - simpler instructions pls?

I'm a US user receiving emails in French and Spanish. I have 3 English US voices and 3 French Canada voices. I'd prefer adding voices to announce my incoming Spanish email notifications but the FAQ is beyond my comprehension. Could you explain, please, how to add a Spanish voice? Talk to me like I'm a professional translator who has zero programming experience. I would appreciate it greatly!

Comments

• So the reason the faq about adding a voice is technical is because it's not simple. These voices are complex and are usually offered by your OS. ie. Windows and Mac have different set of voices.

Can you send me a screenshot of your available voices, here are mine, including one called "Google espanol"

• Thanks for the reply, Jason. I wish I had all of your options. I used to have the UK voices and español, too. I'm uncertain when they vanished.

Dell PC

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎7/‎17/‎2021

OS build 19044.2130

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Brave browser

Version 1.44.112 Chromium: 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Hmm I wonder if you used the Chrome browser instead of the Brave browser.

• Hang on and let me test...

• You are correct, Jason. The browser created the issue. I use Brave for security reasons, so I will drop a message in their suggestion box to see if/when they can expand their panoply of voices. You're the best, and muchas gracias for the assistance!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!