Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Quick Add dates with no explicit year

Hi Jason - this one has been bugging me for a while. A lot of notifications on emails omit the year ... for example this one ...

Adam Adam updated the game date & time to Friday, 21st of October, 08:00 - 10:00

If I highlight "Friday, 21st of October, 08:00 - 10:00" and select Quick Add then this will create an event on 21-Oct-2008 rather than on the current year.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Comments

• You could try changing your google calendar language to uk or time format to 24hour, but as I suspected it seems the 08:00 is causing the issue, if i remove the leading 0 then it works.

But this parsing is done by the google calendar quick add api.

• Hi Jason, thanks for the quick reply.

It would also be the same if the time was 1600, for example.

Do you pre -parse the string ? If so, could you inject the current year if it's missing?

I'm pretty sure that my calendar is already set to UK and 24h, but I'll look again.

Otherwise, it looks like it's out of your control of there is no year specified in the string?

• I'll queue this for investigation into pre-parsing, thanks for all the details.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!