Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Disable Conversation View Continual Error Messages

I receive this message every time I try to click on a message to open it.

"Problem retrieving message, this could happen if you deleted an individual message! DISABLE CONVERSATION VIEW"

I have not deleted any of these messages in gmail.

I've disabled the conversation view directly in my gmail accounts, but this message still appears and will not let me open a message by clicking on it.

I then re-enabled conversation view and receive the same message.

I've restarted and reinstalled.

I can't make this error message stop happening, and cannot view my message from checker plus.  

Comments

• Can you try the solution #2 mentioned here:

https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Conversation_View_issue

• So generally the issues arise when users choose to turn conversation view mode off in their Gmail. But I understand your confusion because I am attempting to figure out the issue by having you enable and disable the conversation view and see what helps. Note that you can enable and disable conversation view from your Gmail settings, but you can also set it within the extension Accounts options as mentioned here below, you might have to play around the combination of these settings.

• I'll do that now and see what happens. Also worth noting here, in that error message i listed above, it seems like it is telling the user to disable the conversation view. perhaps more clarity here would be better...

• The only way I can view individual emails in Checker is to turn OFF conversation view directly within the Checker Plus Settings page by clicking on the text bubbles. It doesn't work to turn it off directly in Gmail settings.

• Ok good to know so it's been resolved.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!