Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Can't sign in (also applies to Google Drive)

Hello! I have the extension for Firefox, and when trying to sign in ("Grant access"), the Google Account Window comes up with an error.

"Something went wrong

"Sorry, something went wrong there. Try again."

I am currently signed in on my other PC, without issue.

Do you know how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Comments

• Try signing our and back in and reinstall the extension

• The problem still persists. I removed the permission from Google as well, tried re-adding. Unfortunately it still doesn't work, despite reinstalling the extension.

• Is your other PC using Firefox and the same account?

• Yes, though I removed the extension for now

• I'm unable to replicate this issue, do you have any other extensions or software installed that might be intercepting network calls ie. ad blockers, proxy etc.

• I tried the same thing in an incognito tab with no luck, but I think I have an adblocker enabled for that, so I might try to turn it off or use a different Wi-Fi. Still, I don't think it should be that since before that, everything loads normally. The error only appears once I press "Allow" on the permissions screen.

• edited July 9

I also had this problem and for me it turned out to be the Firefox extension "ClearURLs" by Kevin R. As soon as I disabled that extension the login went through without a hitch. Also, it seems that it is possible to re-enable the extension after you have granted access.

• @Karva Sipuli

Thank you! This worked for me with the exact same symptoms!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!