Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Button never refreshes itself

The button will show the time of the next event and continue to show this time forever. I can click the button, interact with my calendar and all events but the time continues to show until I press refresh.

You can see in the attached screenshot it is still showing the next event is at 10am which was an event yesterday - it is currently 8:19am on 6/7/22 so it should be saying 41 minutes until the next event. I manually refresh and it correctly shows 41 minutes until that event but again, it's still frozen so even though now it's 8:22am it still shows 41 minutes until that event.

It's been happening for a week or two now and I've restarted the computer and uninstall/reinstalled the extension.

Thanks for the lovely extension!

Comments

• edited June 7

I'm presuming this is a Chrome issue as I haven't changed anything regarding the badge. Does the issue resolve itself after restarting the browser?

How often does the issue reoccur?

• Restarting it does temporarily fix the issue, but it comes back quite often at least as I remember. Will post back here the next time it happens - any steps I should take when it happens? Thanks!

• Yes, you can you enable the logs, and the next time it happen i'll ask you send them to me with these instructions: https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs (but wait for the issue to arise and do not try resolving with a restart, i want to keep it in the broke state)

• Alright, setup! Will update you and keep it broken. Thanks.

• edited June 8

Hey Jason,

I just wanted to comment that I'm experiencing the same behaviour.

The extension updates only when:

• I start the browser
    • I refresh the list of calendars on the Notifications tab in the options interface
    • I click the Refresh button in the mini-calendar view

In between those times, the extension behaves like no time has passed. So, if I refresh and the next meeting is 27 minutes away I'll receive a notification. I'll snooze the notification.

As time passes, the button continues to show 27 minutes and I don't receive the snoozed notification.

I'm using Firefox 101.0 (64-bit) on macOS.

I have:

• Restarted the computer (and therefore the browser)
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the extension

I just turned on logging. I'll report back here later.

Thanks for your help!

• Quick update:

When I started my computer this morning, I received several notifications for calendar events that failed to appear yesterday.

The extension seems to be working correctly today. The "time until next event" timer on the button is changing over time now, and I received a notification for an upcoming event at the expected time.

Other than the restart, nothing else has changed on my end.

Cheers!

Mike

• I, too, have this issue.

Using Chrome on MacOS Big Sur version 11.2.1 (20D74).

• @Yuval Tzur Try restarting the browser.

• @Jason

I have done it several times.

It gets fixed for a few days, then gets stuck again.

• @Yuval Tzur Have you tried reinstalling the extension.

• @Yuval Tzur can you also enable the logs and send the errors next time it happens, refer to my message above from the 7th

• I just noticed it's happened again - today is full of calendar events but it's not showing on the icon. If I click the icon, they're all there.

How do I send you what you need @Jason ?

• @cory.roberts You can send the info to my email found in the Contact section of this website.

• @Jason I have developer mode enabled (and have had it enabled for a while now) and clicked background page under Checker Plus and the console is blank. I confirmed the log messages checkbox is still checked in the Checker Plus options.

I did check the Console on the options page out of curiosity and it's probably nothing but caught my eye:

loadCalendarReminders

common.js:3443 Use default value probably not enc or first time: tokenResponsesTasks TypeError: Failed to execute 'decrypt' on 'SubtleCrypto': The provided value is not of type '(ArrayBuffer or ArrayBufferView)'.

at Encryption.decrypt (common.js:4854:62)

at async Encryption.decryptObj (common.js:4868:21)

at async ChromeStorage.getEncryptedObj (common.js:3441:20)

at async getTokenResponses (common.js:2810:16)

at async OAuthForDevices.findTokenResponseIndex (common.js:3194:32)

at async OAuthForDevices.findTokenResponse (common.js:3199:15)

at async getArrayOfCalendars (checkerPlusForCalendar.js:1484:37)

at async loadCalendarReminders (options.js:998:20)

• edited June 14

It's been five days since my last comment, and the extension is still behaving correctly.

I'm not sure what fixed the problem. I restarted several times and the issue continued, then when I restarted on June 9th the issue resolved itself. I've restarted every day since and the extension is still okay.

Good luck with the troubleshooting, folks.

• @cory.roberts thanks for the logs, nothing unusual there, i did notice those bright pink minimize, maximize and close windows buttons at the top right of your screenshot, what kind of customisation alters this?

• Just a standard Chrome theme I installed from the Chrome webstore.

• @cory.roberts Have you tried restating the computer? The issue does seem to point to a Chrome issue as there are no error logs and the intermittent unresponsive behavior of the button is strange.

• I have but then it happens again a few days later. For what it's worth, I do use Checker Plus Gmail and it has never had any issues with outdated unread email count or anything like that.

It's peculiar that once it gets in this mode, manually refreshing the calendar does update the button but only as a single time thing, it still doesn't update itself even when it's supposed to be doing the minute countdown.

Let me try unpinning it and see if it gets frozen in the extension dropdown or not.

• I just got the issue again.

As you can see, It's almost midnight, and I definitely don't have a meeting at 2:00 a.m.

I sent you the logs via email.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!