Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Unread foreground colour

I know we can change the background colour of the unread messages indicator but can we also change the foreground colour? Using Brave with a dark theme and it looks like this:

It's a bit difficult to read. :)

Comments

• I'm not happy with Chrome's update either nothing I can do with the text color only the background, more info https://jasonsavard.com/forum/discussion/7458/extension-area-counters#latest

• Ahh, I didn't see that message. Understood, I will choose a different colour to make things stand out. Thanks, Jason!

• Why is google doing that to us?

• edited June 11

I have the impression that the icons become smaller too. Is that right or it is just my imagination?

Also, about the characters color, I still have the add blocking extension and a weather extension both showing white over gray/black, note board extension showing white over blue, tampermonkey showing white over red, so...

• Finally to restore white over "red", pick the 7th red color from left top, that is down 7 in the first column.

Maybe it isn't exactly the same red, but in fact I cannot see that much difference.

Cheers

• @Luis Ramalho Oh interesting, I think they did push another update and I guess Chrome changes the text color to better contrast with the background color. Can you send me a screenshots.

• Hi I have a similar issue on Brave browser since the latest update I don't like how much harder it makes me squint to read the number now I wish it would just revert to like it was before hopefully.

• @Neon Turtle Your best bet is to change the background color in my extension Options .. Button refer to this https://jasonsavard.com/forum/discussion/7458/extension-area-counters#latest

• edited June 11

When I choose the 7th red color in the first column in the configuration. I come with this...

P.S.

Don't pay attention to the extremely high number of emails I didn't yet read. I must proceede to some gmail account cleanup.

That way everything is fine for me.

Cheers.

• Yes picking the 7th red is as good as it gets without a fix, thanks for the tip. Maybe we could get the same color pick for the mail icon then?

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!