Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Outlook ads on right side

WEBMAIL AD BLOCKER IS NOT WORKING ON EDGE. I HAVE USED IT FOR A FEW YEARS AND HAD NO TROUBLE. YESTERAY ADS START APPEARING ON RIGHT SIDE OF EMAILS. I REMOVED WAB AND REINSTALLED IT AND IT WORKED FINE. NOW TODAY IT IS NOT WORKING AND I REMOVED AND REINSTALLED WITH NO LUCK. PLEASE HELP

Comments

• I am pushing a fix in the extension v5.7 to hide the these new Outlook ads. It should go live in a few days.

• It just started on Firefox 98.0.1. Was working great earlier today. Hopefully you can fix it, Thank you

• Thank You ...

• Started on Brave browser a few days ago. Sometimes if I refresh the screen it goes away but now that seems to not work anymore either.

• @Zita Ranics Reinstall the extension to force v5.7 with the fix.

• Thanks Jason - that worked. :)

• When will v5.7 be available for Firefox? I uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still v5.6 and it also indicates v5.6 on the addons.mozilla.org website.

• @SpaceClick The Firefox team is currently the bottleneck at reviewing extensions before pushing them live. I estimate a few days no more.

• Thanks, bro !

• thank you for pushing out v5.7! I've sent you a Paypal contirbution

• I HAVE MICROSOFT EDGE AND IT IS STILL NOT WORKING (5.7). ARE ANY OTHER EDGE USERS STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH ADS ON RIGHT SIDE OF OUTLOOK EMAILS?

• edited March 24

Hi Jason,

The ads on the right of Outlook.com are now gone again, but not all the space has been regained. See screenshot...

Moving the 'Received' column to the right doesn't help; it just gets squashed until it disappears, well short of the right hand screen edge.

Thanks for your help.

• @David Kennedy Hmm well from your screenshot it does appear as if the column header "Filter" is pretty flush on the right side. What about when you are Composing an email, is there empty space on the right as well?

• Excellent! No more ads on Outlook / Edge, worth waiting for, many thanks.

• edited March 27

@Jason No there is no empty space when I compose an email; things are fine there.

However, the "Filter" is actually a drop down list, not a column heading as such. Annoyingly, when I open up Outlook initially everything is flush with the right hand side for about a second, then things shunt to the left as in my previous screenshot. I've even tried blocking the "Filter" element with uBlock Origin but it makes no difference.

It's a shame as everything had been going perfectly ads-wise until a week or so ago...

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!