Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

DBError on a new profile

Couple days ago I have received my first `DBError: Corrupt browser profile` error.

This morning I finally had chance to drop the profile and recreate one from scratch.

Then it worked for several hours, and now I again have:

DBError: Corrupt browser profile

​ DB error: DOMException: Failed to execute 'transaction' on 'IDBDatabase': The database connection is closing.

at getObjectStore (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4797:34)

at chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4918:23

at new Promise (<anonymous>)

at Object.wrappedDB.readObject (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4917:9)

at IndexedDBStorage.get (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4987:41)

at chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/background.js:140:31

throwDBError @ common.js:4784

​ unhandledrejection DBError: Corrupt browser profile. See solution: https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Corrupt_browser_profile

at throwDBError (common.js:4785)

at getObjectStore (common.js:4806)

at common.js:4918

at Object.wrappedDB.readObject (common.js:4917)

at IndexedDBStorage.get (common.js:4987)

at background.js:140

What I think has triggered it is laptop hibernation. Before hibernation it worked fine, and after hibernation it has broken. But it could be coincidence.

After chrome restart it works again.

Comments

• ps: after chrome restart it lost all configuration settings though :-(

• Interesting, I would be curious if you can repeat the issue with another Chrome hibernation.

• Okay, it hasn't happened after hibernation, but here are the first exceptions, I think it would give some clue:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

​ getHtmlVar GM_ACTION_TOKEN is null

logError @ common.js:354

mail.google.com/mail/u/0/:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

​ getHtmlVar GM_ACTION_TOKEN is null

logError @ common.js:354

mail.google.com/mail/u/0/:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

​ DB error: DOMException: Failed to execute 'transaction' on 'IDBDatabase': The database connection is closing.

at IDBDatabase.transaction (<anonymous>)

at getObjectStore (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4797:34)

at chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4918:23

at Object.wrappedDB.readObject (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4917:9)

at IndexedDBStorage.get (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4987:41)

at Account.getSetting (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/account.js:2905:39)

at Account.getMonitorLabels (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/account.js:2986:23)

at Account.getEmails (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/account.js:1128:49)

at chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/background.js:1295:24

​ DB error: DOMException: Failed to execute 'transaction' on 'IDBDatabase': The database connection is closing.

at chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4874:23

at Object.wrappedDB.putObject (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:4873:9)

at IndexedDBStorage.set (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/common.js:5000:26)

at getAllEmails (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/background.js:1306:19)

at async checkEmails (chrome-extension://oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj/js/background.js:1326:37)

​ unhandledrejection DBError: Corrupt browser profile. See solution: https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Corrupt_browser_profile

at throwDBError (common.js:4785)

at getObjectStore (common.js:4806)

at common.js:4874

at Object.wrappedDB.putObject (common.js:4873)

at IndexedDBStorage.set (common.js:5000)

at getAllEmails (background.js:1306)

at async checkEmails (background.js:1326)

• And here are all the logs from the console right before the first exception happened:

storage.init()

​ initMisc

​ loadLocaleMessages: 0.10302734375 ms

​ initAllAccounts: 9.862060546875 ms

13​ MAX fetch last conversations reached, ignoring now.

(anonymous) @ account.js:785

background.js:2167 Detected account: username@gmail.com

background.js:2122 Adding account: username@gmail.com

9​ MAX fetch last conversations reached, ignoring now.

(anonymous) @ account.js:785

background.js:2167 Detected account: username@gmail.com

background.js:2108 duplicate account username@gmail.com found so stop finding accounts, total: 1

• There are few causes for corrupt profiles, historically it was related to system restores, if you can repeat it let me know and i'll investigate further https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Corrupt_browser_profile

• happened once again, I'm not sure I can suggest anything suspicious with the machine: it's a powerful laptop with a lot of all resources available. And it only affects this extension, not sure over the course of 11 years I've been using chrome for any other extension behaved like that (the latter phrase looks a bit insulting, please don't treat like so - I just don't know how else to express the "what if it's the extension's code problem this time" thing in a proper english :-)

• Okay, I found the reason.

It was happening when free space amount dropped below 1Gb.

That's confusing - it's still 1Gb available but it breaks. Nevertheless - cleaning some extra space solved it for me.

Thanks!

• Oh great info, I will add this to the list of solutions, thank you very much for following up here with the details.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!