Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Notifications all duplicated & do not open correct account when clicked

I don't know what changed, but overnight every notification I get from Checker Plus happens twice, about 10 to 20 seconds apart. If I'm AFK and receive 1 new email while I'm gone, 2 identical notifications for the same message are waiting (I allow them to linger indefinitely until dismissed).

I have verified that Recycle & Repeat Notifications are turned off. I have removed & reinstalled the extension after a restart. The issue persists.

Simultaneously, I've now noticed that when I click on a Notification (set to open Gmail in a new tab), it always opens the oldest message from recent notifications, even if it's from an entirely different Gmail account than the one I clicked on. For example, if I have 3 notifications waiting, 1 each from accounts A, B, & C, I might dismiss the notification from Account A that is on top because I don't want to read it right now. But if I then click on the Notifications for the messages from either account B or account C... the message from Account A whose notification I just dismissed is what will open in the Gmail tab. Whether subsequent notifications are from the same account or a different one... the message that is opened is always the one from the 1st Notification, not the message from the Notification I actually clicked on. This has persisted through reinstallation as well.

Comments

• re: duplicate notification: my guess is you might have several chrome profiles that have the extension installed, or you are getting system or native Gmail notifications as well as my extension notifications.

• I was totally ready to refute you on that, but you turned out to be right.

I would've sworn I'd removed that extra Chrome profile, but I hadn't. I would've bet I hadn't installed Checker on it way back then, but an old version was there. I removed it and now I only get Notifications once.

I'm not sure if I was actually seeing the weird behavior regarding which account & message would open when clicking on Notifications. As of now it seems to pretty consistently open the Inbox of the account from the most-recently-open Gmail tab, which would make sense.

I was certain that messages were being opened directly (full, individual message display, not the Inbox), and in the wrong account for the message I'd clicked on, but I can't seem to reproduce that now. Maybe that's what the settings were from the extension in the other profile. Either I was mistaken or it was related and is now fixed, I guess.

Thanks very much!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!