Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

My popups stopped!

I uninstalled Checker Plus for Google Calendar because I was giving a presentation on my laptop and didn't know what else to do to stop the popups quickly. Now I've reinstalled it twice and can't get my pop up calendar reminders to pop up again. Help!

Comments

• I don't have Focus Assist on. I have pop ups enabled. I haven't changed anything else on my computer.

• Next time just enable the DND https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Do_Not_Disturb

For the popups is the test notification working when you click this button?

Have you granted access to your google calendar account?

• Ok so it seems in 36m you have an event, does it have a reminder set in your google calendar settings? is the reminder set for 0min when the event starts?

• Yes the test notification is working.

Yes I saw the do not disturb function later will use it next time.

Yes I have granted access. Will show screen shots.

• I REALLY love this extension and depend on it. I paid for it several times when I had to uninstall and reinstall before

• With this question...Ok so it seems in 36m you have an event, does it have a reminder set in your google calendar settings? is the reminder set for 0min when the event starts?

I'm not sure what you are asking?

• I set my default reminders for a week in advance. I always have multiple reminders every day, and I snooze them for various amounts of time. I should have at least 5 or 6 popping up now for things this week.

• Example of one that I should have today...I snoozed it yesterday...

• Ah when you uninstalled the extension you reset all the snoozes. So going forth they will work.

• It keeps "ungranting" access. You saw the screenshot where I granted access. But it keeps slipping back to ungranted by itself. Like this...

But at this point it looks like this again...

• edited October 12

No, access is still granted as I can see by the counter on the icon, what that specific message is saying is particular site you are on when you click the extension dropdown is able or not able to be accessed by the extension.

• It slipped back out again. I should have new reminders. But this keeps happening...

• Okay, set a test reminder for my board meeting at 4 pm for 3 hours before.

• the easiest is just set an event for 5minutes from now with a reminder time set to 0min :)

• My 3 hour reminder didn't work and my 0 minute reminder didn't work.

I did receive a week ahead reminder for a recurring appointment next Tuesday at 1 pm.

• Can you create another 0 min reminder 5min from now and then hit the refresh button in the extension calendar window to make sure it's synced and visible in the calendar window.

• I did and I can see in the calendar window but no pop up reminder.

• edited October 12

and when you click on the test event do you see "when the event starts"

also did you have any issues before you reinstalled the extension?

• Actually, no. Even though I set the reminder to Custom 0 minutes before, it looks like this even after I refresh...

And it looks like this on my calendar...

I'm going to have to leave for my meeting but I can look again when I get home. Thank you!

• so that's definitely the source of the issue, and what if you create the event within the extension for 5min from now with 0 minute notification as shown below.

does that register the event with the "Starts at the event time"

• Yes, my test did work when I created it within the extension. And two other reminders popped up for next week, so it looks like this on my work computer. I'm remoting in from home.

But on my home computer, the reminders that popped up look like this...

And when I try to refresh the calendar in the app on my home computer to see if my test from in the extension will work, I get this...

• Oh ok that error message is interesting, can you send me the error logs https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

• common.js:1335

initMisc

common.js:1353

initWindowBGVars

checkerPlusForCalendar.js:2952

allDayVStimeSpecific: 0.385009765625 ms

checkerPlusForCalendar.js:3794

sortevents: 1.5029296875 ms

common.js:1375

mergeevents: 2.8779296875 ms

common.js:1376

feeds: 20.4619140625 ms

background.js:2573

vars: 1.001708984375 ms

checkerPlusForCalendar.js:2952

allDayVStimeSpecific: 0.527099609375 ms

checkerPlusForCalendar.js:3794

sortevents: 0.777099609375 ms

Is that right? I copied and pasted. Maybe I should screenshot.

• Ok thats great can you reproduce that error when you hit refresh and then send me the error logs of the pop-up window

Right click anywhere in the popup > Inspect > Console tab

• ok great info, can you enable the "log messages" option in the Admin extension options.

and then perform the same steps as the last time:

Reproduce that error when you hit refresh and then send me the error logs of the pop-up window

Right click anywhere in the popup > Inspect > Console tab

thanks in advance for helping me out.

• edited October 13

ok, but did those red error messages appear somewhere in those logs above, i was looking for details around those specific errors - i think were triggered from the refresh button being clicked first.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!