Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Button time remaining not working

Seems like the checkbox for 'show time remaining in minutes' on the button isn't working — it always just reports the start time of the next meeting. The 'show time remaining in hours' does work, though.

Comments

• I think I may have misunderstood this feature — I thought it was supposed to show you the remaining time of your current meeting. But seems like it's showing you remaining time until your next meeting?

• This is correct, although someone has suggested the feature you are speaking about, would you like here: https://jasonsavard.com/forum/discussion/comment/28414#Comment_28414

• I think I actually am finding the 'time to next meeting' more handy.

Unfortunately since I'm trying to use this for my work calendar (outlook) feeding it into google calendar it has a delay on meetings that change throughout the day. Any plans to integrate with outlook calendar feeds too?

• External calendars do seem to have delays, but they are supported as long as they are visible via your Google Calendar.

• I agree with Joshua that the time remaining till next event in MINUTES is not working but the HOURS to next event is working. Any tips on correcting this?

I attached two screenshots ... one of options for Buttons and one for what the button is displaying. As you can see, I have the options for showing minutes remaining but it's showing the time of the next event.

Thanks,

Chris

• edited August 31

@chris.johnson I just tested it and it does work as intended, note that it should indicate the start time of the event if it's more than 1 hour away. But as soon as it's less than 1 hour you should see the minutes remaining UNTIL the start of that event.

• Oh I see. I had it mixed up. I thought it would show the time remaining the entire time but you clarified that only within that one hour. Got it and thank you for quick reply.

I'm a financial supporter of your work and use many of you extensions all the time.

• Hi Jason. Thank you for this extension. It's great.

I agree with Chris, it would be great to be able to see how much time is remaining for the current event. Is this possible to add? Thanks again!

• @CarlosBarbaIñiguez So what should I do if there is 30m to the next event and 30m to the end of the current event, how will you know what the 30m represents?

• Sounds like it might have to be a preference (either or, not both) — user can choose the time badge to represent time left OR minutes until next?

Although I guess it would be pretty amazing to somehow glance and understand both :D

• @Jason I agree with what @Joshua Berk said- it would be great to have an either/or option. I found your extension after more than an hour of looking for a solution to the following: I want to know how much time is remaining in class without having to look up at a clock and do the math. Sounds lazy, I know. But it's a really helpful option for people who want to know with a quick glance. Thank you for your response 👍

• @CarlosBarbaIñiguez what if it displayed -30m would that be intuitive?

• @Jason Personally, I like the red background behind the number; the red color looks urgent and tells me that I have this much time left to get all my work done. Displaying it without the "-" symbol would look cleaner in my opinion. Thank you, Jason 🙌 

• Hi @Jason If I wanted to request the "event time remaining" feature, is this the place to do it?

• @CarlosBarbaIñiguez Yup, I prioritize the features by the the amount of people that comment on the thread, like this one :)

• @Jason Awesome. Thanks for the response!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!