Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Calendar/Reminder is not refreshing when meetings are changed during the day

I noticed this week that if a meeting I have today is moved/changed during the day that the reminder does not change to the new time (even if the event occurs in the future). I selected the Google Checker Calendar icon at the top, and it is showing the old time for the meeting. The only ways I can seem to update it is: 1) let the calendar open from the icon and wait for it to refresh the times (doesn't always work), or 2) I have to select a different calendar and return to the original to refresh the times, so that the reminders are correct.

Examples:

1) I had a meeting scheduled for 3:30pm, but the meeting was moved to tomorrow, but the reminder came up today and showed the meeting was still ocurring today (not tomorrow)

2) I had a meeting scheduled at 2:30, and it was moved to 3:00pm (around 1:30pm; before the reminder displayed). However, the reminder still popped up showing it starting at 2:30pm. It is showing that it started 5 minutes ago, when it actually does not start for another 25 minutes.

Note: I also found that it was not using my default calendar this morning. It was using a calendar that I was looking at yesterday before I logged off and shutdown. Maybe a separate issue? (Note: I log off and shutdown every day.)

Comments

• Do other changes get synced immediately such as the event title?

• Not sure. So far, the title hasn't change on them. Just the time.

I can set a meeting for myself tomorrow and change it after I login and let you know what happens.

• So generally event information is synced instantly, I just tested it and it worked for me. Refer to this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Calendar_polling_interval

• edited August 2021

So, I created a meeting yesterday for 7:30am today with a 15 min reminder. I opened my calendar and changed the name from Test Meeting to Test Meeting - Change Name and Time around 6:45am. I also changed the time from 7:30am to 11:15am. The reminder displayed for the 7:30 meeting. It should not have displayed until 11:00am, since the meeting was moved. (Note: I am using a Chrome browser and have been the entire time.)

• Have you tried reinstalling the extension?

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!