Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Quick add doesn't recognize time zone

Would be very helpful if quick add recognized time zones. If it already does, it didn't recognize "ET" as eastern. I recognize that it should technically read EDT or EST, but it's pretty clear to a human that if directly following a time, ET/PT/etc. should refer to that time zone.

Comments

• So the quick add is using Google Calendar's API and it's not perfect, but you'll have to suggest the fix to their team.

• Ah that makes sense rather than reinventing the wheel, thanks.

• Awesome and thanks for the link, I've just starred it, I'm guessing this is not your first ticket :)

• Apparently you're a good guesser :)

• Wow, they're being a butt about it. "Oh we're using this outside thing and it doesn't give us those letters, so 🤷🏼 " Like dude, y'all are one of the biggest techopolies in the world, and user friendliness keeps getting forgotten about. It should NOT be hard for them to make a quick go-between filter between the user's input and the database.

I've starred it too, and offered a couple suggestions. I may not know coding, but I have an inkling about things that can be done to some degree. They shouldn't give up so easily if they're suuuuch a big deal! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• edited August 3

I first misunderstood your comment and thought you were talking about Jason's response and expecting him to work around Google's bug.

Whoever responded at Google is apparently misguided and confused. I filed another new bug pointing out the employee's confusion since I don't trust them to re-open the case.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!