Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

No longer blocking ads in Outlook

Using Chrome version 91.0.4472.114 and Webmail Ad Blocker 5.5.1.1. Suddenly the Ad Blocker isn't effective and I'm consistently getting ads on the right side of the Outlook mail page. Can you help?

Comments

• Seems they updated they're layout, I will be pushing a fix soon, thanks for writing here.

• Yep Webmail Ad Blocker stopped working on Outlook this morning for me also. Reinstalled but problem persists. Thanks for looking into this!

• @JDog Fix is pushed, please update the extension to v5.6 https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Extension_Updates

• Quick and effective. Thanks.

• I've tried updating multiple times, reinstalling multiple times, and it's still not working in Outlook. Firefox version 89.0.2.

• @DoxieOwner I'll be pushing out the Firefox version very soon, for now I've been testing on Chrome.

• 89.0.2 (64-bit)

• 89.0.2 (64-bit) firefox

• How long will it take for the Firefox version?

• Still dont work ?... Thanks

Allow automatic updates Default On Off

Run in Private Windows Allow Don’t Allow

When allowed, the extension will have access to your online activities while private browsing. Learn more

Author Jason Savard

Version 5.4

Last Updated June 25, 2021

Homepage https://jasonsavard.com?ref=homepage_url&ext=WAB

Rating 98 reviews

• @RCR Auto Firefox announced they have are having long delays for extension update verifications, so you'll have to be patient. But good news is the fix is out already for Chrome and soon Edge with extension v5.6

• Hey, Jason ! I use Firefox, so I'll just wait for you to make your magic. Outlook sure sucks without Webmail Ad Blocker ! I'll keep checking back. Thanks !

• Thank You Jason ....

• I just found and downloaded the 5.6 version of Webmail Ad Blocker and it's working like a charm ! Thank you kind sir !!! You are the man.

• Thank you. SO much btter

• I have v5.6 0n Google Chrome, works a treat.

I now use Edge, but all I can get is V5.4, which does NOT remove the RH ad panel on Outlook. Does my head in!

How do I go forward?

Thanks

• @MichaelLankester will have to be patient every platform has different code review delays, and currently edge is slower, should be a few days.

• 5.6 now working beautifully on Edge. Thank you Jason

• edited August 22

EDIT: Oh - I had to update WMAB because I didn't have it on automatic updates. Now it's version 5.6 and I'm not seeing any ads in OutLook. Hope it stays that way! I'm leaving this comment for any others who might not be aware of having auto-updates turned on (or off).

Hi - I have FireFox 91.0.1 and Outlook. This afternoon, August 22 2021, at around 3:00 p.m., my laptop shut down inexplicably, then when I re-started it and restored my FireFox session (with OutLook as my home page) I saw - shudder - ADS!! Ugh. I've had your WebMail AdBlocker for years, but OutLook must have changed something. I used to get a message in the ad location, saying "It seems you're using an adblocker - blah blah blah - consider upgrading to OutLook Prime" or something like that. But now there are ads there! I don't know what to do, or how to fix this? Sorry, my tech skills are non-existent. What's the deal? thanx ... June :)

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!