Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Uncaught Error: common.js 4721

"Uncaught Error: trans abort: DataError: Failed to read large IndexedDB value (js/common.js 4721)"

This error is coming up while my system is accidentally shutting down by a power cut issue.

I cannot install/reinstall Chrome each time to resolve it. I need the right solution for it.

Kindly do the needful earliest.

Thank you!

Comments

• Can you try the Options .. Admin .. Reset settings to default

• Nope, it's not working.

• Have you tried resolving the root cause being the accidental shutdown of the system?

• This issue arises while I'm using Chrome, and my system is shutting down due to a power cut. Everything is working fine except Checker Plus for Gmail. I'm using a Linux system (elementary OS - Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)).

• ok the next time this happens let me know before trying to fix it and i'll try debugging with you.

• I haven't reinstalled the Chrome browser. At present, it's not fixed. If required, I'm also ready to provide you remote desktop access.

• edited June 3

ok great, let's start with a few tests can you go into the background console tab with these instructions:

https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

and execute this line and let me know what it returns:

await storage.get("installDate")

• Kindly elaborate on where can I execute that line?

• Right here:

• Output:

Mon May 31 2021 17:31:20 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)

• ok excellent, can you try executing this line and let me know what it returns:

await storage.remove("accounts"); console.info("after"); await storage.get("accounts");

• ok and if you go to your extensions page and click the refresh button beside the gmail checker extesnion let me know if the extensions starts working again.

• This button isn't appearing on my Chrome screen!

• ah ok, can you go back to the console and execute this line instead:

chrome.runtime.reload()

• It started working again! So, I have to use that command while it gets corrupted to resolve it?

• edited June 3

Ok excellent news, so with that information I will try to develop a solution to fix the issue in a future update. Although I am curious why the admin .. "Reset settings to default" did not work. Anyways I'll investigate further, but yes until I push a fix if the issue comes up you can run that remove accounts command and restart the extension.

• Nailed it @Jason

Thank you so much for your help and your valuable time.

• Google email extension has been corrupted. It does not work, it does not load emails, it has given an error since yesterday.

• @Roger Casco Herrera Refer to this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Corrupt_browser_profile and please start a new thread if it remains unresovled.

• My problem is in Google Chrome (Version 91.0.4472.77) (Official Build) (64 bits) Since yesterday it doesn't work, I only get an email. The others open without problems, they are open, but it is as if they were not open for the extension, it does not show them as it does. I do not receive notifications at all. I already restarted it and neither. I open the emails and it does not register them. You may have to reinstall everything again.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!