Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Unreadable text in dark mode

Hi,

I'm using the [Theme] Darcula theme, and the text in the email is basically unreadable. Is there any way to fix that? I've attached a screenshot

Thank you,

Comments

• edited May 12

Can you disable all themes except for that darcula and let me know if the issue happens for different emails from different senders because I am unable to replicate it.

• So, I reset the themes and I see this:

And I enable darcula and I see this:

• Have you tried reading other emails from different senders?

• Yes, I'm not sure what the difference is, but some emails are rendered fine, and some are not. Another example that happens is GitHub notification emails (which I need to interact with a lot during the day), so I can't use the dark theme for those

• @Farzad Majidfayyaz So most likely specific email senders are setting their own html background and text colors, so it's difficult to contrast them into dark theme, I recommend trying the other dark themes and see which one works more universally for the emails you receive.

• OK @Jason I will try the other ones. I'm not sure how you're doing the dark mode, but maybe an idea like how for example Dark Reader does it could be useful (just a suggestion)

• edited May 13

@Farzad Majidfayyaz So fun fact, I originally created several themes, but with time most of the themes are now user contributed themes from other developers or just CSS savvy users, I then added their themes to the list, you can also create or customize your own with the custom button in the themes dialog.

• Thank you so much for the suggestion @Jason , I changed to another theme that seems to work much better (with the email I sent above), so that's good news.

About the CSS, is there an example or a resource I can look at (or possible to look at an existing one)? Because I'm not sure what the targets of my rules are 😝

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!