Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Cannot load extension....more detail in the description

Cannot load extension with file or directory name _metadata. Filenames starting with "_" are reserved for use by the system.

Below is the code that was highlighted

"background": {

"persistent": true,

"scripts": [ "js/lib/Autolinker.js", "js/common.js", "js/checkerPlusForGmail.js", "js/mime/addressparser.js", "js/mime/buffer.js", "js/mime/iconv.js", "js/mime/encoding.js", "js/mime/mimelib.js", "js/account.js", "js/mail.js", "js/sanitizer/html4.js", "js/sanitizer/uri.js", "js/sanitizer/sanitizer.js", "js/background.js" ]

},

Comments

• You must install my extension from the Chrome Store or Edge Store or Firefox plugin site. The _metadata folder only exists if you extracted the code and tried installing it manually :)

• Thanks for your reply. I will uninstall and reinstall. I have been using it for years now.

• So after doing what you suggest, the error is no longer appearing. Note that I never tried to install this manually. So during the many updates I went through, I wonder if a cleanup failed when upgrading.

I have another issue but will report is via a different thread.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!