Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Screenshot captures wrong part of the screen

I'm experiencing a weird bug in Firefox. When I try to screenshot an area, it ends up capturing the wrong part of the screen. The Chrome extension is still working fine.

I tried attaching a screen recording that shows the problem in action but I'm unable to upload it in this post.

Comments

• Do you have latest version of the extension as indicated on the Firefox addon page and are you using any OS zoom or external screens? Hmm although I realized you said it's working on Chrome.

• Yes, I have Version 11.1.1 and no OS zoom or external screens.

• edited March 2021

Here's an example:

The red box in the 1st pic is the area I'm trying to capture and the 2nd pic is the actual result:

• Do you have a Mac retina display?

• No, I have a Dell S3221QS 4K.

• Can you tell me what the results of this page https://www.quirksmode.org/m/tests/dpr.html

• device-pixel-ratio tests

This page has a <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">.

Media queries for device-pixel-ratio not supported.

Checks

screen.width equals 3008.

Layout viewport width is 2239.

Expected DPR is 1.3434569004019652.

Reported DPR is 2.

Expected DPI is incorrect on Apple Retina devices, and on desktop browsers where the window is not completely maximised.

• ok great details and can you send me the results of that link from your chrome browser? sorry should have asked before.

• No prob.

device-pixel-ratio tests

This page has a <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">.

• Media queries for device-pixel-ratio not supported.

Checks

• screen.width equals 3008.
    • Layout viewport width is 2239.
    • Expected DPR is 1.3434569004019652.
    • Reported DPR is 2.

Expected DPI is incorrect on Apple Retina devices, and on desktop browsers where the window is not completely maximised.

• ok thanks for the details ok i'll queue this for investigation, but it's difficult to quickly fix because I am unable to reproduce it without a screen with a high dpr.

Do the other grabbing methods work properly, such as grab Visible page etc.

• Visible page seems to work fine.

• Any chance you've had a chance to look into this?

• I haven't yet, but it's still in the queue.

• Gotcha. I appreciate it.

• Just curious is this still an issue?

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!