Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Google Reminder closing after selecting Join Meeting

I am finding that when a Google Calendar reminder pops up, if I select Join Meeting, it closes/cancels the reminder. This is bad, because sometimes I open the window 5-10 min early (to save waiting for it to load at the last minute), but then, I never get another reminder for the meeting, so it makes me late to meetings, because the reminder's not working.

What used to happen:

Google Calendar reminder opened

Selected Join meeting

Meeting window opens

Select Calendar reminder

Snooze (-2 min)

Reminder would pop up (-2 min)

Return to Meeting window and login

Snooze reminder for 15-30 min (use this to track how long the meeting lasted for time entry)

Close/Dismiss Reminder when meeting ends (update timecard)

I hope you are able to keep the reminder open/working until we actually close/dismiss it ourselves.

Comments

• Hmm so yeah it was suggested by 2 people that I auto dismiss meetings upon clicking the meeting link, but perhaps I should revert and make it an opt-in instead. Always tough to decide what should be default behaviour :)

I'll queue this for redevelopment.

• Thanks for considering it. :)

• Good news v27.5.2 and i've reverted the behaviour and you have to opt-in for that auto-dismiss feature, do this to force the update https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Extension_Updates

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!