Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

How to make Ctrl+Tab switch between recent two tabs?

edited June 2014 in General
I installed the Recent Tabs extension but pressing Ctrl+Tab is not toggling me between the two recent tabs. It keeps taking me through all the tabs, which is Chrome's default action. What do I need to do to make the extension work? Thanks.

Comments

• Go into the options of the extension, you'll read this...

Usage #1: Ideal for developers

• Only toggles between your 2 last recent tabs (No popup window)
    • Can be used from any page
    • Can be used from the address bar
    • Uses less memory

Usage #1: Go to Chrome menu > Tools > Extensions and then scroll to the bottom and find Keyboard shortcuts then under Recent Tabs assign the key of your choice.
  • When I try to set up the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Tab in the box for Recent Tabs, as soon as I press Tab after holding down Ctrl, Chrome switches to the first open tab. I go back to the Extensions tab and see that nothing got entered in the box for Keyboard Shortcuts.
  • Essh, your right it seems the latest Chrome version has disabled the use of Ctrl-Tab (unless you previously had it there from another version) now i've reset mine also :(
    I've decided to use Ctrl+1 instead maybe that can work for you also.
  • Oh I found another method, I've been using autohotkey.com for a while now to override "any" windows shortcut keys, so you can set Ctrl+Tab (in autohotkey) to execute Ctrl+1 (in my extension) and tada problem fixed :) That's why i'm using now.
  • Yes. ok. The AHK code would look like something:

; Remap Hotkeys

#IfWinActive ahk_exe chrome.exe

^Tab::

Send, ^1

return

• correct, if that doesn't work let me know and i'll send you the script I have.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!