Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

German Language

Hi,

My Chrome Checker Plus Google Drive Extension generates German Language in GUI.

I dont know why and I got no idea how to change this back to English?


Best Regards,

Sebastian.

Comments

  • What languages are set 1st in your Chrome settings?

    Try putting english to the top:

    https://www.howtogeek.com/436154/how-to-change-chromes-default-language/

  • Hi Jason,

    Chrome and Chromebook-Language is only English. Other Extensions, including Checker Plus Date and Checker Plus Gmail are showing English GUI.

    I tried to reinstall, but when I login with my Google Account to give access Checker Plus Drive is changing to German GUI.

    Sebastian.

  • Can you open up the background console for the drive extension:

    https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

    and then send this command in the console and let me know the result:

    console.log(chrome.i18n.getUILanguage() + " _ " + navigator.languages)

  • Hi Json,

    unfortunable:

    console.log(chrome.i18n.getUILanguage() + " _ " + navigator.languages) -> "undefined"

    console.log(chrome.i18n.getUILanguage()) + " _ " + navigator.languages -> "undefined _ de,en-GB-oxendict,en-US".

    console.log(chrome.i18n.getUILanguage()) ->"undefined"

    Best Regards,

    Sebastian.

  • Ok thanks, it does seems that de (German) is placed first as a priority langauge and that's why the extension is using German, can you explore the Chrome setting for the language settings again, for instance here are my language settings, notice I move english above german



  • Hi Jason,

    Thank You for Your support and time.

    I checked my language settings once again and found (additional to Your screenshot that looks like mine) a additional entry "Web content language" (did not seen it before) where German pointed at first position. I removed this entry and made a Reboot.

    Result: Checker Drive change to English GUI!


    Surprising, that only this extension used this "Web content language", but anyhow: this issue is solved.


    Very Thank You for that.

    And also Thank You for Your great Extensions.


    Best Regards,

    Sebastian.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!