Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

This extension does not work on the new Mac M1 chip computers

This extension does not work on the new Macbook Apple Silicon chip M1 laptop. I have tried to reinstall, shutdown, and install. Nothing works. It guess it's not compatible yet?

I have this extension on my 10 year old Mac, it works fine.

Comments

• You'll have to get me more details on the error, screenshots and https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

can help me.

• M CM C
    edited February 16

It cycles through the tabs from first to last in sequential order.

There's no error message. The Chrome browser simply does not respond to the extension.

• edited February 16

I assume were talking about the Recent Tabs extension, does method #1 work in the options?

• M CM C
    edited February 17

Yes, I believe we are talking about the same thing. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/recent-tabs/ocllfmhjhfmogablefmibmjcodggknml?hl=en

If by method #1, are you referring to:

extension options, then > Usage #1: Ideal for developers (Recommedned)

The answer is yes, I did not tweak anything. It's all default.

Usage #1: Ideal for developers (Recommended)

• What have you set as your shortcut key? and does the extension respond - but instead of toggling between the last 2 tabs and simply cycles through all of them?

• I did not set any keys. Everything is default, ctrl+tab for last used tab. Chrome does not respond.

• So you'll have to set a shortcut key specifically, ex. try Ctrl+Shift+1

• M CM C
    edited February 18

Do you mean try Usage #2: For basic users? If so, I reloaded all tabs as per the direction.

It still does not work.

Here's a screen shot of my setting.

• No I'm referring to step 1 and entering the shortcut key here on this page: chrome://extensions/shortcuts

• M CM C
    edited February 27

I'd highly recommend anyone new not to touch chrome://extensions/shortcuts

It screwed up my settings and I can't get it back.

My old setting was ctrl+tab. Now when I try to press ctrl+tab to set the combo. It's giving me error message and telling me to use a letter for the second key in the combo.

• Yeah Chrome used to allow Ctrl+Tab to overwritten, but in recent Chrome updates it was disallowed with a few other shortcuts that reserved for Chrome.

• What a pity! You should not advise people to touch chrome://extensions/shortcuts

• The issue only occured for you because you had installed the extension in the past, new users can successfully set their own shortcut keys without worries.

• ctrl+tab can not be reset to be the previous tab shortcut. The other combos are just weird.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!