Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Click to dismiss notifications

I /like/ your extension!

Suggestion (a): allow longer-duration notifications (up to 1-2 mins?).
Suggestion (b): allow a single click to dismiss a rich notification.

Rationale: I want to notice my notifications, even if I've been AFK for a minute or two. 25 seconds isn't always enough. But I also don't always want to think about them immediately -- sometimes I just want them to go away until I have time for them.

(Yes, the first suggestion here should be 'improve your filters'. But sadly, email filtering seems to be a Gödel-incomplete problem... :))

Comments

• Er -- excuse me, I missed something important. :)

Why would I prefer (a) to the little 'close' button?  Because the whole notification is a bigger target and I can punch it faster than the button, so the context-switch will cost me a smidgen less focus.
  • The 25 seconds maximum limit is imposed by the Chrome browser to all extensions. Note: It will only disappear into the tray as a the bell icon which you can still access or see. more info http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Desktop_notifications

As for the close button, you can change the buttons to select the "Dismiss" which will be a nice big button :)

• Hmm -- I've clicked on everything obviously clickable but I'm not seeing that segment of menu anywhere.  (Chrome 35.0.1916.114, Ubuntu/x86_64.)  But I don't have time to dig further right now.  I'll get back to you.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!