Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Notification Mark as Read Unpauses Music

Very odd bug. If have music paused in the background (MPC-BE or Dopamine) then when I click 'Mark as read' in the mail notification it unpauses the music - it looks like Checker Plus is triggering a multimedia play event. Occurs on both my Windows 10 PCs where everything is up to date. Hope you can find the cause. Thanks, David

Comments

• That is pretty bizarre, can you verify if other extension actions interfere with the sound? Although I would have to assign this as a Chrome bug because my extension should have no ability or permissions to intercept the audio of other processes in the browser.

• None that I've noticed. Yours is the only extension I use which creates Windows notifications. Plus it doesn't do it with the Delete button, just Mark as read.

I'll try to do some testing around the issue tomorrow.

• Good news. It appears to be a bug/feature with MPC. I had a clean OS+Chrome I was using for homeschooling and after trying MPC, Groove, iTunes, WMP, Dopamine I found MPC was the only music app to react to notification clicks (Read+Delete). Seems something to do with the Global Media Keys option. Will follow up with MPC. Cheers!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!