Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Email messages getting mixed-together

I clicked on the second email in the inbox from Amazon, and see this below. Notice that the title from one email has a message from an unrelated email/different sender, then the email that belongs to the title is being shown as a reply to the wrong message. This is only one example. My email is Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite). The plug-in is 22.3.1 for Edge 87.0.664.66

Comments

• I'm wondering if this a grouped conversation issue with Gmail or my extension.

What is your setting set to https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Conversation_View_issue

• My accounts were added automatically, so I didn't have an opportunity to change the setting.

I just changed the accounts from automatic, then manually added one of my accounts and turned that feature off. I'll see if it makes a difference. In my "Google Workspace" email settings, I have "Conversation view" enabled.

• I found how to duplicate the problem 100% of the time:

1. Click on an unread email.
    2. While the progress bar is moving from left to right, click the down-arrow to read the next email
    3. Wait for the message to display - the original email you clicked will be displayed, and the new email will be displayed as-though it is a reply.

I think this is becoming more prevalent for me lately. The plug-in has slowed considerably. I get impatient waiting sometimes up-to 10 seconds for the message to load, after waiting a long time just for the plug-in to show the initial drop-down. It is faster right now for me to just go to Gmail to manage my email. I understand that the slowness is not likely related to this issue I am reporting. It just helps to reveal it.

• edited January 4

Ah very good, I'll be able to look for a solution to the duplicate issue, thank you.

But let's tackle the slowness issue, can you refer to this thread and see if something helps for that: https://jasonsavard.com/forum/discussion/6104/slow-popup-window

• Removing and reinstalling has solved the slowness issue.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!