Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Repeated Request for Access Permissions

I am testing Checker Plus for Google Drive to see if it will help me monitor a specific Drive folder. The program is working well but asks me to sign in using my Google Account each time I try to access the file notifications area. I have tried using both the Chrome Sign In option and the Google Account Sign In option. I am still able to access the notifications, but receive an error, "the user does not have administrator privileges to list shared drive" each time. I am using Google as part of a Google for Education Domain which does not allow users to access Gmail, but I do have permissions to view and create shared drives within our domain. Any thoughts how I can avoid this error or what might be causing it?

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback.

When you do get this error exactly?

Can you send me a screenshot of it?

• Jason, thank you so much for your quick reply. I've attached a PDF with a series of screen shots. They are triggered by clicking on the "Checker Plus for Google Drive" extension icon pinned to the extensions area of my Chrome Browser Menu Bar. The behavior is consistent although it doesn't keep me from actually using the extension or accessing my files.

Your extension will streamline my work with Google Drive and I can't wait to contribute to your work and then share the extension with my co-workers (we are educational instructional coaches and all 22 of us have a similar need to see when our teachers make changes to files in a specific Google Drive Folder).

Please let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks!

Trish

• Ok great info, can you go into the extension's option and send me a screenshot of the bottom part like so...

• Here you go!

Thanks,

Trish

• ok excellent, can you uncheck that box "Show admin's shared drives" and see if that fixes the issue.

• Thank you, that seemed to solve the problem!

• Great and thanks for the contribution.

Now I'm trying to automate this for future users without having to manually uncheck this box,

can you help me with more details, I pushed an update to the extension with a new "Show Details" button in the options that I'd like to click and send me a screenshot of the result.

To update the extension:

New button in options:

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!