Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Automatically Open Gmail Account Using Checker Plus for Gmail

I have installed Checker Plus for Gmail on my Firefox 81.0.1 browser (Windows 10 Home).

When I click on the envelope icon visible in the toolbar and select the Open Gmail icon, I was expecting that it would automatically signin into my Gmail account and take me there. Instead, it takes me to the Gmail signin page (mail.google.com) and I have to manually signin into the account.

Is this the standard behavior of Checker Plus for Gmail? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Comments

• You should be able to sign in once in your browser and then it should subsequently open that Gmail account. Are you always signing out of your Gmail?

• I don't sign out of my Gmail account but when I close the Firefox browser (or shutdown the laptop) and then launch it again later on I have to go through the login process again. I was hoping that Checker Plus would store my login credentials such that I would not have to re-enter them when I want to access the Gmail account.

• edited October 11

For security purposes my extensions never accept or store your credentials. You can use the add accounts method which uses Oauth more info:

but regardless it will not save the session in your browser, just within the extension.

• Ok, thanks for the clarification.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!