Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Getting notifications for my draft emails

In the past couple of days I've had instances of this bug. It might be related to the ongoing issue with gmail unread counts, since I'm seeing it as well, but I won't assume that.

While I'm composing a response to a message in my inbox, I will sometimes receive a notification pop-up from Checker Plus, which shows my draft message as a new, incoming message. If I click on the extension icon to see the inbox, the message appears as from "me". See screenshot.

Chrome, gmail.com ui, Win7

Comments

• I've notice that also occasionally, the next time it happens, can you send me the results of this https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom/
  • Seeing this behavior as well (at least once a day), was there ever a resolution?
  • @JohnBurk I believe a solution is to use the Add Accounts method https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Account_sign_in_methods
    let me know.
  • Thanks, I'll give this a try and will post again either if it happens, or in a week or so if it seems resolved.
  • I began having this problem after I changed my "Preview Pane - Mark a conversation as read" setting in Gmail to "Never".

Before changing this setting, if I replied to an email it had always been marked as "read". Now while composing a reply to an "unread" email in my inbox, I get continuous notifications from Check Plus for GMail. It seems Checker Plus is seeing draft replies to unread emails in my inbox as new emails. If I manually mark an email as read, leave it in my inbox, and compose a response, I don't get any notifications from Checker Plus.

In case it might matter:
    -Gmail is configured to use conversation view
    -Checker Plus is auto-detecting signed in accounts
    -Checker Plus is just checking for emails with system label "Inbox"
  • edited September 2017
    @NicholasDay Thanks for the precise details on what causes the issue as I was not aware of it. But, regardless the only solution for this particular is to use the manual add accounts as mentioned above.
  • You're quite welcome. Without knowing or understanding Gmail programming at all, I was hoping the "Draft" system label could be used in conjunction with "unread" to exclude these emails from being seen as new incoming emails. I suppose that could fail if a new email arrives while a draft is being composed in the same conversation. It's rarely as simple as it seems...
  • @NicholasDay You are correct, I use that exact logic with the manual add and it works. But the auto-detect method is sort of the legacy code of the extension and cannot determine all associated labels to an email.
  • I was having this same issue. Using Add Accounts instead of Detect worked for me.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!