Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

events only show on manual refresh

Hello,

It seems at times certain events never make it into the extension calendar. I have not been able to correlate what the trigger is yet.

I was reading up on the notification behaviour (in your KB - https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Push_Notifications) and I know the push notifications should be working by default.

As my screenshots show, the event is not showing in the extension. A manual refresh brings the event in immediately. I reinstalled the extension and tried in a separate profile. I also tried on the stable and nightly build on my browser.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time. It is appreciated.

Comments

• edited August 2020

Sometimes a restart of the extension (or browser) will reawaken the push notifications, but generally they should trigger within seconds to a minute.

Some specific calendars may not support push notifications, can you identify any more details, like while calendars or which kind of events. There is a backup polling interval to automatically refresh after x hours as a fall back, because even Google says there may be delays or issues with Google servers which the push notifications rely on.

• The calendar is simply a gsuite calendar (default) for a user. I simply access it from my phone, of the web app in my browser. The event type is simply a meeting.

• ok let me know if the restart of the browser or else a reinstall of the extension helps.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!