Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Cannot receive notifications

Hi, Checker Plus for Google Drive is the extension I need but I struggle to receive notifications. I have attached the ”current settings”. I ”checked” the folder from which to receive notifications. It's normal "Can't read or change site's data" - ”screenshot 1”. I'm using a G Suite account, but as an administrator I checked the option to install extensions to Chrome. I am the owner of folder and subfolders of "Comisia - Consiliere si orientare". I just want to receive notifications when a colleague uploads a file to one of the folders. I don't understand why I don't receive real-time notifications and btw notification is working - ”notification”. Can you help me? Thank you in advance. Ps. I reinstalled both Chrome and the extension, reset the permission..

Checker Plus for Google Drive v 7.6.1

Chrome Version 83.0.4103.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comments

• So that gcm_sender_id issue could be related to real-time notifications not working, however the polling method of ie. 5min should work as a backup.

Are you getting any notifications after a certain time period, or none at all?

I also noticed you could try checking the "Show my own notifications" or "show anonymous modificitons" to see if that's the culprit.

• Hi Jason, thank you for the quick response.

I set the pooling interval to 5 min and checked Show my own modifications and Show anonymous modifications

, result:

- as owner if I upload a file I am notified after 5 minutes,

- as another user who has access to the folder (Editor) if I upload a file I do not receive any notification.

After posting to forum, I found this link https://jasonsavard.com/already-contributed-form

(and complete the forms) I wonder if it has anything to do with the login address (gmail) with which I log on to paypal and where I received the payment confirmation and another email address (G suite) on which I want the extension to work.

• Update 1

pooling interval to 5 min and checked Show my own modifications and Show anonymous modifications

, result:

- as another user who has access to the folder (Editor) if I upload a file I received notification after 16 min.

• So it was successful, but just a little longer than the polling interval, correct?

• So it would appear your Chrome/OS version is not accepting the gcm/real-time polling feature, hence the warning you saw. Maybe there's an update or flag you need to change, you'll have to google around for that.

• I am using Windows Insider Preview 20150 with Chrome version 83, so should I change my browser or downgrade my windows?

• So Checker Plus for Google Drive v 7.6.1 is not compatible with Chrome Version 83.0.4103.106 (stable version...)?

• I'm a little surprised to try to solve a problem of an extension I contributed to, it sounds more technical, I want this extension to work because that's why I paid for it, regardless of the amount. Please explain to me in more detail. Where's the problem? to my system or browser? or extension? Is the extension 100% functional on which operating system? Or which browser? Error encountered due to what occurs?I know that you as a developer you put a lot of effort and I appreciate, but it seems that the extension does not work on the Windows OS system with Chrome, the latest stable version. A little disappointed. Cheers.

• edited June 19

So let's clarify it does work for me and most users, and including you, however there is a delay issue with the polling within your environment for currently an unknown reason. My first hunch is since you mentioned administrator it might be related your network or administrative options.

I will also gladly refund you should we run out of solutions.

• Jason, I didn't mean to offend you, I withdraw my words. I will continue to contribute and appreciate more the work you do. I will solve the problem I face.

Have a nice day.

• @Jason

The problem was with my system, I used windows insider preview but after I returned to the stable version windows 10 (19041), no delay, real-time is working. My apologies. All the best.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!