Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Constant crashes of Checker Plus for GCal.

For a few months now Checker+ for Gcal has been crashing daily. I've tried reinstalling the extension, reinstalling chrome itself, resetting settings, changing the account it's synced too.....the issue persists. At least once a day I'll get the notice that it's crashed, reload it and have it crash again hours later. I don't have issues with any other the other extensions (mainly C+ for gmail).

In trying to diagnosed the issue I turned on collect errors in chrome and I noticed 1 error popping up continuously:

error with menu id: {"date":"2020-06-12T02:00:00.000Z"} Cannot create item with duplicate id {"date":"2020-06-12T02:00:00.000Z"}

There's numerous variations of the above error with slightly different date/time(s).

Currently running Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro 1909 b18363.900

Comments

• For browser crashes I usually refer people to this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Chrome_issues

My only other additional guess is do you have a large amount of events or calendars or recurring events?

• It's busy but not 10 events a day busy and only a handful of recurring events, maybe 2-3 monthly ones. I've already reset flags, profile and reinstalled as well as removed some calendars.

If there's any other information I can provide I will but otherwise I just have to remove it since it doesn't seem to like my setup in some way.

• Is there any pattern to when it crashes, any particular action taken before?

Have you tried a new test chrome profile with no other extensions except for the calendar.

• Just randomly crashes just while the browser is open w/o any apparent action. I've tried multiple profiles and it happens on all of them the same after a few hours of running.

• Another test, if you can, is to see if the issue happens from a different machine and this would identify if the issue is related to the account or the machine.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!