Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Record video area of screen (poor quality full screen)

So far I love your plugin. Thank you.

When I record full screen, the quality degrades quickly and the longer the video, the more blurry and shaky. I wonder if it would be possible to record an area of the screen, similar to how I can with screenshots.

If it's not possible to record a section of the screen, is there any way to improve the quality of the recording?

Comments

• I'll take of this for investigation, but I'm going to assume Chrome is automatically doing this to optimize resources.

• I'm on a pixelbook with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. I was recording a second monitor at 2560x1440.

Do you plan to add recording of part of the screen instead of the full screen?

• Part of the screen is not easy, however, you can choose to record only a specific tab or application currently when you start the recording (instead of the whole screen)

• Thanks for that tip. It works great! I can choose the size of the recording by setting the window/application size and limiting my capture to that. Performance seems better too.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!