Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Using Calendar or Contacts to take meeting notes

I have an issue I am hoping one of the extensions or a new feature can help fix/work around.

I used to take meeting notes in my contacts app so they were associated with the person, but Google Contacts has a 128kb field limit.

Then I realized a solution was to set a meeting in Google Calender with that person, and take notes there in the meeting notes. That way the I would never reach the limit since each meeting had different notes, have documentation of when the meeting happened, and in contacts would have a list of all meeting in order so could easily find it in the future. Perfect!

Except they changed Calendar so that it always sends out a meeting reminder to non gmail accounts, even if you decline sending an invite. That consistently confuses people as they are getting an invite even if we are doing an non-planned quick chat on the phone.

Is there a way to block the invite emails from going out? Looking it up LOTS of people are complaining to google about the issue.

Thanks,

I

Comments

• So my extension extends Google Calendar's functionality, so unfortunately if there's a core issue as this one, my extension won't be able to mitigate it. Exceptionally I can modify my calendar interface in the popup as I want because I am pulling the core information and then reformatting it.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!